Ultrasound for Goat Pregnancy Scanning
10 online modules, covering the theory and practice of the successful use of ultrasound for performing goat pregnancy scans. Includes basic ultrasound physics, types of reflectors, goat scanning technique, quick and easy tips for image optimization, developmental stages, performing measurements and calculating gestational age, attenuation, artifacts, and ultrasound safety and biohazards. Each module includes text, diagrams, ultrasound images, tutorial videos and quizzes to test your knowledge and understanding as you go along.
Pricing is in British Pounds. Don’t worry; PayPal will automatically convert your currency for you, even if you are paying with credit card. £150 is the approximate equivalent of $195 US Dollars (this may vary slightly depending on the day’s exchange rate. You will be given the opportunity to accept and confirm the price before you are charged).
This comprehensive online course includes basic ultrasound physics, types of reflectors, goat scanning technique, quick and easy tips for image optimization, developmental stages, performing measurements and calculating gestational age, attenuation, artifacts, and ultrasound safety and biohazards. Each module includes text, diagrams, ultrasound images and tutorial videos.
Beginners’ introduction to ultrasound HCM screening in cats
This course is designed for veterinarians who are new to cardiac scanning, and are interested in assisting local cat breeders in screening litters for HCM with ultrasound.
Please note that course price is £300 + travel from Bromley, Kent. Travel will be booked and invoiced to your practice once a date and time has been arrange with you, and in most instances will be the price of a return train ticket to your location.
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) is the most common hereditary cardiac condition in felines. It can affect any breed of cat, purebred or not. Certain breeds do appear to have a propensity, however, most notably Maine Coones, Bengals, Ragdolls and Sphynxes.
Serious, responsible breeders are very interested in finding ways to screen their litters for HCM with ultrasound; some are even willing to help their local veterinarian with the cost of training or equipment in order to achieve this goal.
Yet, there is no established measurement that can definitively rule HCM in or out with echocardiography in cats (or any other animal). In the human world, too, HCM remains a clinical diagnosis. However, there is no doubt that the most obvious phenotypes can be easily detected with echocardiography, preventing this disease from further permeating a breeding programme.
In this short (3 hour) course, you will learn:
- Two basic, reproducible cardiac views that you can achieve on any cat with either a microconvex or phased array transducer.
- Simple measurement techniques for recording wall thickness and tracking potential progression of suspected HCM.
- How to avoid the most common imaging and measurement pitfalls.
- Associated conditions including systolic anterior motion (SAM) of the mitral valve and hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM), and how these can be spotted using 2D ultrasound and continuous wave Doppler (for those whose systems have the capability or who may wish to learn for the future).
- Uncontrolled hypertension: a differential diagnosis.
Training can be performed on either your own or your tutor’s ultrasound machine.
This course is taught by an Echocardiographer, with the aim of enabling you to get the most out of your ultrasound equipment in the context of HCM screening in felines. Clinical training, such as treatment options, are outside of our remit as non-veterinarians.
This course is designed for individuals who are new to cardiac scanning, with no prior experience. If you already have some experience with echocardiography and would like more advanced training from a veterinary cardiologist, please contact us for recommendations.
As training will be held at your location, you will be contacted to arrange a suitable date and time.
Online access to canine scanning training modules
Complete online access to all of our online training videos, audio and written guides on the topic of canine pregnancy scanning, accompanied by a study guide to keep you on track. All of our training modules are written and delivered by accredited British sonographers.
You will also receive full AUA membership with your own member area to which you can upload your scans to share with others.
Please note that this package is billed in British Pound Sterling. Your PayPal or card issuer will automatically charge you your local currency equivalent (approximately 320 Euros or US$375).
Your online access will last for 12 months and includes full AUA membership to those outside of the United Kingdom.
We strongly recommend using a dedicated canine pregnancy ultrasound machine to accompany this course. If you need help choosing the most appropriate ultrasound scanner prior to beginning this course, we are happy to advise, for any location and budget. Please contact us here.
Guided canine pregnancy ultrasound training
A complete 18 month training and mentoring programme, with access to level 1 and 2 training courses in Kent and Worcestershire, online modules and tests, and direct access to a fully accredited sonographer.
- Pre-reading to prepare you for your level one training course, as well as basic equipment advice to help you ask the right questions and make an informed decision on what ultrasound machine will be best for you and your animals
- Level 1 training with the UK’s only approved training provider, Vet Image Solutions (VIS), in either Kent or Warwickshire. Value: £285
- £100 gift voucher from VIS to redeem against any new ultrasound equipment purchase. Value: £100
- Your own AUA login and access to AUA membership materials, to be upgraded automatically to full membership upon completion of level 2. Full membership will be valid for 12 months from completion of level 2. Value: £45
- Level 2 training with VIS. Must be undertaken within 12 months of completing level 1. Value: £185
- Access to online training modules written by real sonographers. Value: £285
- AUA graduation certificate and unique membership number to be issued upon successful completion of your course. Value: £80